Monday, September 12, 2011

Grade 11/12 - Direction and Distance Grade 9 Map Grid

Today's Learning Goals

Grade 11/12

I can describe direction using compass points or bearings.
I can determine the angular bearing of a location from a map using a directional compass.
I can orient myself using a directional compass


Grade 9
I can describe direction using compass points or bearings.
I can describe where places are found on large scale maps using Map Grid / Military Grid.

Today's Lessons

Grade 11/12
Provide instruction on Direction and Compass Bearings - Notes
Undertake activity using Directional Compass and Frost Centre Map
Grade 9
Provide instruction on Direction and Compass Bearings - Notes
Provide instruction on Large and Small Scale Maps and Map Grid
Undertake Stratford map activity using Map Grid