Monday, March 18, 2013

Elevation Assignment: Continued

Learning Goals

I can Produce an event theme in Arcview.
I can convert an event theme into a shapefile in arcview.
I can represent elevation in arcview using a series of graduated colours.
I can represent elevation in arcview using a series of graduated symbols.
I can represent elevation in arcview using a series of interlocking triangles called a Triangular Irregular Network (TIN).
I can represent elevation in arcview using contour lines.
I can produce layouts in Arcview using Templates.

New:

I can manually produce a profile from Contour Lines.
I can produce a profile using Arcview.
I can represent elevation with schematic views and explore a landscape from different perspectives using Arc Scene.

Lesson

A) Reflect on map skill development based on testing. Develop a plan to improve areas of weakness.

B) i) Teach students to produce a map profile manually.
    ii) Teach students to produce a map profile using Arcview.

Profile Assignment including Answers

C) Work Period: Continue to work on Mapping Project.