Monday, February 2, 2015

Welcome to my Geography Classroom.



Students:

I hope that everyone has had a great first semester. Today represents a new start, new challenges and a new beginning.  I look forward to having you in my class. I look forward to meeting you, getting to know you and teaching you. It is an important time for me to outline my expectations for you, my expectations for my class and and very importantly it is a time for me start to learn how you learn best. It is my goal to engage you, make you think, and help you with your learning in order that you go home and tell yourself or your family that "school is fun and I can't wait to go back tomorrow". Perhaps my goals are lofty, but my pledge to you is that I will do my best to help you learn and be successful this year.

There are times this semester that you will be introduced to skills or concepts that are new. Please don't get frustrated or discouraged. Be patient with yourself as I will be patient with you. The only thing that I ask of you is that you use the talents, skills and gifts that God has given you to the best of your ability.

Have a great semester, talk to me if you have any concerns and give this course a great effort.

Today's Learning Goals:

I know how to access my class blog and GOOGLE  CLASSROOM
I know how to access The Student Information sheet for Grade 9 Academic Geography.
I know the 5 components to a Map.
I know the Political Map of Canada.
I know how to write a short response.

Activities.

Review the Student Information Sheet for this course GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Produce a political Map of Canada (Attachment)
Compose a short response (Attachment)
Short Response - Marking rubric and Exemplars (Rubric and Sample Responses)